Required And Recommended Reading
In his farewell letter to Timothy, the apostle Paul writes “...give attendance to reading.”
Because we cannot teach all that is needed, guided self-learning is also an important component of the course. The following is therefore a list of books necessary for reading between Saturdays and Fridays. You may secure these yourself in either hard copy or electronic format or order them at the academy.
- You will need a good size print Bible. We recommend either the NKJV, the KJV or the ESV. These are the versions your tutors will be teaching from.
- The most recent edition of 'Systematic Theology' by Wayne Gruden.
- 'The Book On Leadership.' by John MacArthur.
- 'Christ’s Masterplan For The Church.' by John MacArthur.
- 'The Holy Spirit - An Introduction.' by David Petts.
- 'The Lie.' by Ken Ham.
- ‘Roman Catholicism.' by Loraine Boettner.
- 'The Pilgrim’s Progress.' (Modern translation) by John Bunyan.
- 'Holy War.' (Modern translation) by John Bunyan.
- ‘Famine In The Land.’ by Steven Lawson.
- The New Lion Hand Book 'The History of Christianity' by Jonathan Hill
- 'Chosen By God' by R. C. Sproul
- 'The Kingdom of the Cults' by Walter Martin